Welcome to OCVID
OpenCV Integrated Development Environment
OCVID was born from a desire to make learning with OpenCV a lot easier; instead of having to go through the effort and pain of finding and installing a version of python and opencv as well as some test files and look up some basic tutorial code, I wanted to bundle it all so you could do one download/install and get straight into it.
Furthermore, I hope this can grow into a handy prototyping tool and code reference, an easy way to quickly hammer out an opencv frame filter.
Currently there’s just a basic shell of an interface which can be installed on Windows or run on Linux. But you can’t actually do anything with it. More to come! :)
GUI with a text input field, an input frame and an output frame. No major GUI additions planned - this should be what the final one looks like; the only thing that might need to be captured is a “record” button / filename, as well as a way to report runtime errors (output frame overlay?)
- Open any image file
- Open any camera accessible by the computer
- Open any video file
- For any video stream, pause/step or play.
- Save any processed frame to disk.
- Record a processed video to disk.
- Fishtank resource files (it’s how I learned, after all).
- Add the ability to actually run code on a frame (lol)
- Report compile-time errors before trying to run it
- Gracefully catch and report runtime errors.
- Code structure - preamble and postamble.
- Save and load python code as standalone runnable .py’s
- Code examples (commented & easy to understand/change) which work on the resource media files.
- Learning exercises - function stubs with comments and instructions to teach people how to do a variety of vision tasks.
- Syntax highlighting
- List of OpenCV Functions
- Link to relevant API references
Note: This is currently just a v2.0 pipedream – expect in a deep future release.
- Sub-tool for easily creating python code, similar to existing COTS solutions
- Pipeline common opencv functions
- Parameter preview – sliders with live updates for thresholding, e.g.
How can I help?
I truly hope this system helps you in your learning, teaching or development.
If there are any features you want or bugs you found, feel free to raise an issue.
Otherwise, you can also contact me directly
Finally, if you want to help support development, or just show your thanks, buy me a coffee below :). If you include a message with a bug or feature request I’ll make sure to prioritise it!